According to the Bible, Jesus shed His blood for all men.
- The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (John 1:29)
- For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:17)
- And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.” (2 Corinthians 5:15)
- But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (Hebrews 2:9)
- And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:2)
By shedding His blood for all men, Jesus redeemed us all. For instance, the Apostle Peter taught that Christ has even bought back for God those who deny Him (2 Peter 2:1). Now, this doesn’t mean that all men are saved, but only that all men are God’s. In order to be saved, “the redeemed of the Lord [must] say so” (Psalm 107:2). As the Apostle Paul puts it in Romans 10:9-10, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
The blood of Jesus Christ does not make all men God’s children. What it does do is make all men God’s possession. Only those who receive Jesus Christ by faith become God’s children (John 1:12). The rest of mankind, though not in God’s family, are in His possession. They are legally His. Consequently, you and I can justly pray for the salvation of the redeemed.
I praise you O God; the Creator, Redeemer, and Owner of our souls. I kneel this day upon the blood stained soil of Calvary to plead the blood of Jesus over lost souls for whom you have burdened me. I ask that Satan, the trespasser, be evicted from the lives of the redeemed. I pray that the redeemed of the Lord will say so by confessing the Lord Jesus Christ. I also ask that those already in your possession will now come into your family by receiving from your Son the power to become your children! Amen.