And Jesus said “And I say unto you, that you are Peter and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” Matthew 16:18.
*A strong church……………
- …has a spirit filled leadership
- …teaches a sound doctrine that meets the needs of the people. It will encourage people to carry their bibles to church, take notes of the message so you can remember what was said.
- …is uncompromising in their conviction and is unwilling to compromise their beliefs.
- …puts a strong emphasis on faith and prayer. They start their day with a prayer and live by faith.
- …promotes a worship service atmosphere where people experiences God’s presence and leave the service renewed to follow God’s will.
- …is faithful and generous in their giving
- …is organized to reach God-given goals to meet the needs of the people.
- …has people who serve in the strength of the spiritual gifts God has given them
- …is united in the spirit of oneness
- …is where people have genuine love for one another.
- …has a vision for a lost world and follows the “Great Commission”.
*A television sermon by Charles Stanley (Septermer 2014)