New Hope Baptist Church is a Bible-centered Christian fellowship dedicated to offering the living hope of the resurrected Christ to despairing hearts! (1 Peter 1:3)
Unlike many contemporary churches, we are not ashamed to preach an unadulterated gospel, believing it alone to be the power of God unto salvation. (Romans 1:16) We preach, as we are constrained to by the love of Christ, without fear or favor.
Below are our sincere and nonnegotiable heartfelt convictions, which constitute the traditional confession of the historic Christian faith.
1. We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of God. It has Christ for its subject, salvation for its end, and truth, without error for its content. It is therefore the sole authority for faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21, John 5:39-40)
2. We believe that there is only one living and true God, eternally existing in three personsâ€”Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 John 5:7)
3. We believe in the Lordship, virgin birth, sinless life, miraculous ministry, atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and promised return in power and glory of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 2:9-11, Luke 1:26-35, Hebrews 4:15, Acts 2:22; 1 John 2:2; 4:10, Luke 24:36-48, Romans 8:34, Acts 1:9-11)
4. We believe that God created man in His own image, but that man rebelled against God and fell from his created state. As a consequence of man’s fall, all men have become sinners by birth, by nature and by choice. As a result of man’s sin, mankind is at enmity with God, separated from God, under divine condemnation, and in desperate need of salvation. (Genesis 1:26-27; 3:1-24, Romans 3:23; 5:12, Psalm 51:5, Romans 3:10-18, Isaiah 53:6, Romans 8:7, Isaiah 59:2, John 3:16-18)
5. We believe that Jesus Christ alone is the Savior of the world and man’s only hope of salvation. (John 4:42; 14:6, Acts 4:12)
6. We believe that salvation is the gracious gift of God in Christ. Man cannot earn it by his good works, but must receive it by faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9)
7. We believe that we are under a divine mandate to proclaim to a lost and dying world the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the power of God unto salvation. We preach Christ and Him crucified without shame or compromise, regardless of cost or consequence. (Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 1:17-18; 2:2, Matthew 24:9-14, Acts 9:15-16, Revelation 2:10)
8. We believe that the church is the eternal purpose of God. God has done all that He has done to secure for His Son an eternal companion, a bride of the church. (Ephesians 3:2-12, Colossians 1:24-27, Revelation 19:7-9; 21:1-22:5)